The divisions offer both patient care services and academic programs, allowing dentists to train as specialists. Also, our Outreach and Engagement activities include over 60 active programs and more than 42 extra mural sites, which continue to expand.
The College of Dentistry provides comprehensive patient care in an unparalleled learning environment with internationally recognized faculty and a supportive network of alumni and friends. In addition, our research programs provide students another dimension beyond classroom and clinical education. Students and faculty members are able to participate in both clinical and laboratory research in areas such as dental materials science, oral and maxillofacial pathology, hard tissue biology, microbiology, neuroscience, and immunology.
By any measure, our success is growing, and we’re excited about the opportunities ahead.
Welcome from Dean Trotman
Improving health by innovation in oral and craniofacial patient care through learning, discovery, and service
The College of Dentistry is dedicated to addressing the evolving health care needs of communities in Ohio, the nation, and the world by:
- Providing comprehensive oral and craniofacial health care in an inter-professional health science community
- Educating health care professionals and scientists in a collaborative and diverse academic environment
- Creating, discovering, and sharing knowledge
- Preparing socially responsible and engaged citizens
- Promoting a culture of excellence, respect, and inclusiveness
Shared values are the commitments made by our college community in how we conduct our work. At the College of Dentistry we value: