First Floor Emergency - (patients who DO NOT have a referral)
Appointments are not available. Patients are seen on a first-come, first-served basis or as an emergency dictates.
Monday-Thursday: 15 patient limit
Friday: 10 patient limit
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Closures and limitations
The following September dates have a 7 patient limit and 10:30 a.m. cut-off time.
- September 18, 19, 21, 22
Wednesday, October 18 – Patient Limit 7
November 10 - Veterans’ Day
November 23 - Thanksgiving Day
November 24 - Columbus Day (Observed)
December 25 - Christmas Day (Observed)
December 26 - President’s Day (Observed)
January 1 - New Year’s Day (Observed)
Fourth Floor Advanced Endodontics Emergency Clinic - (patients with a referral for a root canal)
If you are experiencing severe pain/swelling and have a referral from your general dentist to our office. Emergency patients are seen on a 1st come 1st seen basis. If seen as an emergency in the Advanced Endodontics Clinic, patients may require a scheduled appointment to have their root canal completed at a later date.
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
No insurance / Private insurance - Fee range $105 - $900
The Dental Emergency Care Clinic is for patients who are experiencing:
- moderate-to-severe pain that is not relieved by taking pain medications
- oral bleeding
- facial/oral swelling
Services to treat these dental conditions include tooth extraction and root canals. For additional information, please read our FAQs.
The Dental Emergency Care Clinic does not provide fillings/crowns, denture repairs, cleanings, or general wisdom teeth (third molar) extractions. Anyone needing these services should become a patient of the college. IV-sedation is not available as a walk-in treatment option.
What to bring for your visit
Please bring the following items to Patient Registration:
- Photo ID
- Dental insurance information (including a copy of your current Medicaid card)
- Name and documentation of legal guardian and/or power of attorney, if applicable
- List of medications and/or dietary supplements
- Payment and/or insurance co-payment for services in the form of cash, Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Personal checks are not accepted in the Dental Emergency Care Clinic.
- The average estimated cost for treatment is $231 to $450, depending on the services performed (fees may change without notice).
- Patients are responsible for payment in full at the time of treatment.
- Parking fees may apply. View parking rates here.
- Cash, check (established patients only), Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover (including Flexible Spending credit cards).
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending (FSA) benefit cards and checks are also accepted.
- Care Credit: For those patients who qualify and prefer to extend payments beyond the conclusion of treatment, we are pleased to offer Care Credit – the American Dental Association approved commercial revolving line of credit specifically designed for the payment of dental care. To learn more about this option, please visit carecredit.com or contact our Patient Financial Services Department for terms and conditions.
For additional questions regarding financial policies, please call 614-292-0335.
We accept Delta Dental and the following state sponsored insurance plans: Medicaid, CareSource, Molina and United Health Care Community Plan. All estimated co-payments are due at time of service. Once treatment is completed and the claim is filed any outstanding balance not covered by the insurance carrier is the patients responsibility and due immediately. Patients with other insurance carriers who have out of network benefits will pay in full and we will submit a claim to your carrier asking them to reimburse you.
Accepted dental insurance plans may change without notice. Please contact 614-292-0335 with any questions.
Medicare does not cover dental services. As of January 4, 2012 we do not have a preferred provider for Bureau of Workers Compensation. A written out-of-network approval would be needed prior to the visit.