Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Services
A note to our clients: Our Oral Pathology Biopsy Service remains open and fully functioning during the COVID-19 crisis so we can continue to analyze and diagnose tissue biopsies whenever such testing appears urgent or emergent in order to provide appropriate care or timely referral for your patients. Following directives from the State of Ohio's government, The Ohio State University, and the Dean of the College of Dentistry, the Oral Pathology Biopsy Service is committed to the continuity of service for our clients and their patients. We will keep you updated if we have further information to share, and we thank you in advance for your continued partnership.
Our highly experienced professional pathologists have provided dentists and physicians with microscopic diagnoses for tissue biopsies for more than 40 years.
Diagnoses you can trust:
- Knowledgeable pathologists with a combined 80-plus years of experience.
- The oldest continuous oral biopsy service and only graduate oral pathology training program in Ohio.
- Patient specimens independently reviewed by two boarded oral pathologists.
- State-of-the-art testing; including direct immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization and molecular analysis insures diagnostic accuracy.
- Close collaborative ties with pathology specialists at the OSU Wexner Medical Center, including dermatopathology and hematopathology.
- Clinical consultations available for your patients with board-certified oral pathologists.
To have your tissue biopsies evaluated by an oral pathologist:
Oral Pathology Service2196 Postle Hall
305 West 12th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210